tldr; HashFlare founders Sergei Potapenko and Ivan Turõgin have been arrested for allegedly defrauding investors of $575 million (approximately ₹4,668 crore) in a multi-million dollar Ponzi scheme. The Estonian citizens are accused of convincing victims to enter into a fake equipment rental contract through HashFlare and convincing other victims to invest in a fake virtual currency bank called Polybius Bank. The company closed its mining operations in July 2018.This summary is auto generated by a bot and not meant to replace reading the original article. As always, DYOR. Get more of today’s trending news here.
- Bitcoin ‘untouchable’ amid regulatory pressures, says analyst
- Regulators Should Heed Crypto Risks When Innovating Regulation, Says Chinese Central Bank Official – Regulation Bitcoin News
- Set Sail on the Litecoin Birthday Cruise: A Three-Day Weekend Celebration
- How to build a Bitcoin mining space heater: DIY Video Guide
- ‘It’s Always Longer Than Some Predictions’ – Economics Bitcoin News