https://www.reuters.com/technology/microsoft-cut-thousands-jobs-sky-news-2023-01-17/Microsoft Corp plans to cut thousands of jobs with some roles expected to be eliminated in human resources and engineering divisions, according to media reports on Tuesday.The expected layoffs would be the latest in the U.S. technology sector, where companies including Amazon.com Inc and Meta Platforms Inc have announced retrenchment exercises in response to slowing demand and a worsening global economic outlook.”From a big picture perspective, another pending round of layoffs at Microsoft suggests the environment is not improving, and likely continues to worsen,” Morningstar analyst Dan Romanoff said.U.K broadcaster Sky News reported, citing sources, that Microsoft plans to cut about 5% of its workforce, or about 11,000 roles.The company plans to cut jobs in a number of engineering divisions on Wednesday, Bloomberg News reported, according to a person familiar with the matter, while Insider reported that Microsoft could cut recruiting staff by as much as one-third.The cuts will be significantly larger than other rounds in the past year, the Bloomberg report said.Microsoft declined to comment on the reports.The company had 221,000 full-time employees, including 122,000 in the United States and 99,000 internationally, as of June 30, according to filings.
- Bitcoin ‘untouchable’ amid regulatory pressures, says analyst
- Regulators Should Heed Crypto Risks When Innovating Regulation, Says Chinese Central Bank Official – Regulation Bitcoin News
- Set Sail on the Litecoin Birthday Cruise: A Three-Day Weekend Celebration
- How to build a Bitcoin mining space heater: DIY Video Guide
- ‘It’s Always Longer Than Some Predictions’ – Economics Bitcoin News